- The programme is of four semesters, with online classes conducted mostly on weekends or after business hours.
- The programme offers a set of core courses and elective courses, allowing students to specialize in Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Embedded Systems, Security, Networks and Cloud.
- The programme makes use of Languages, Platforms, and Libraries. These include NS2, Net-SNMP, WireSha, R, Python, Prolog, Lisp, RStudio, Weka, Microsoft Power BI, TensorFlow, Anaconda Navigator, Python Ecosystem – NumPy, SciPi, Pandas, scikit-learn, MatplotLib; Searborn, Keras, NLTK, pgmpy etc., Keil, CCS Studio, Tossim, Cheddar, Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Selenium, Tomcat, Maven, Java, Eclipse, Code::Blocks, Android Studio, Jupyter Notebooks, Spyder, Multisim, CPU-OS Simulator, SQLite, MATLAB, , Gantt Project, Open Project and XAMPP.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learned during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni
- Learning Continuity Assurance facility, that allows participants to take a break without losing the semester fee paid by them.
- Option to submit fee using easy-EMI with 0% interest. Enroll with only INR 7,428 in the first month
The programme offers specialisations in high-demand areas such as Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Embedded Systems, Security, Networks and Cloud.
Electives can be chosen either from the General pool of electives or from across other pools of electives for Specialisations. Specialisations are optional. To earn a Specialization, a participant must select and successfully complete at least 5 courses from that Specialisation pool.
- Data Structures & Algorithms Design
- Database Design & Applications
- Distributed Computing
- Elective 1
- Software Architectures
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Elective 6
- Elective 7
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Organization and Software Systems
- Distributed Data Systems
- Software Engineering and Management
- Usability Engineering
- Object-oriented Analysis & Design
Specialisation in Data Analytics
Participants who earn a specialisation in Data Analytics will learn how to apply principles behind modern Data Analytics techniques; apply statistical and machine learning methods to real data; evaluate their performance and eﬀectively communicate the results; and build expertise in advanced Artificial Intelligence topics such as Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing
Pool of Electives
- Advanced Statistical Techniques for Analytics
- Applied Machine Learning
- Metaheuristics for Optimization
- Data Mining
- Data Warehousing
- Deep Learning
- Information Retrieval
- Mathematical Foundations For Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
Specialisation in Embedded Systems
Participants will gain expertise in key areas of Application (Domain) Specific System Design such as scope of a Processor (Embedded processors, Desktop systems, Servers, and Supercomputers), the target application (general-purpose versus domain-specific), the characteristics of the design objectives (Speed, Power consumption, Cost, Reliability, Availability, and Reconfigurability), and the measurement and analysis of resulting designs.
Pool of Electives
- Embedded Middleware Design
- Embedded System Design
- Fault Tolerant Embedded System
- Hardware Software Co-Design
- Networked Embedded Applications
- Parallel Embedded Architectures
- Real Time Scheduling
- Real Time Systems
- Software for Embedded Systems
Specialisation in Networks and Cloud
Participants will build expertise in how to design, and manage software and hardware that control digital networks; conceptualize and solve engineering problems concerning wireless and mobile networks effectively and arrive at the feasible optimal solution, individually and in teams; master formal techniques for network analysis, design and operate data centers; Network Security aspects, Storage Area Networks, Virtualizations, and Cloud Computing Concepts which have great scope and opportunities in the industry; apply advanced software engineering techniques (e.g., software-defined networks, containerization, etc.) to compute, improve and master the development of distributed networks.
Pool of Electives
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Networks
- Data Storage Technologies and Networks
- Design and Operation of Data Centres
- Edge Computing
- Middleware Technologies
- Mobile Networks
- Network Programming
- Network Security
- Software Defined Networks
- Wireless and Mobile Communication
Specialisation in Security
Participants will build expertise in the implementation of core software engineering principles and the best cybersecurity practices in terms of policies, models and mechanisms; gain knowledge about securing computer networks and systems; learn to examine secure software design and development practices in cybersecurity; understand the prevalent network and distributed system attacks; incorporate approaches for incident response and security risk management; understand the key concepts in domain-specific security.
Pool of Electives
- Network Security
- Ethical Hacking
- Identity and Access Management Technologies
- Cyber Crimes, Forensics and Incident Handling
- Cloud, IoT and Enterprise Security
- Secure Software Engineering
- Blockchain Technologies & Systems
- AI and ML Techniques in Cybersecurity
Specialisation in Internet of Things
Participants will build expertise in the building blocks of IoT technology and explore the vast spectrum of IoT applications; assess, select and customize technologies for IoT applications; connect the cyber world with the physical world of humans, automobiles and factories; integrate geographically distributed devices with diverse capabilities; design and implement IoT applications that manage big data
Pool of Electives
- Embedded Systems Design
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Networked Embedded Applications
- Cross Platform Application Development
- Cloud Computing
- Data Management for IoT
- Stream Processing and Analytics
- Embedded Network Security
For more information on programme curriculum download the programme brochure
Choice of Electives is made available to enrolled students at the beginning of each semester. A limited selection of Electives will be offered at the discretion of the Institute.
For detailed programme curriculum, download the brochure.
ATTEND ONLINE LECTURES OVER WEEKENDS
Lectures are conducted live via online classes. These lectures can be attended via the internet using a computer from any location. These online classrooms offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Classes for students admitted during the period May-June 2020 will begin in July 2020. The class schedule is announced within 1 week of completion of the admission process.
The online lectures are conducted usually over weekends for a total of 7-8 hours per week. If you miss a lecture, you can also access the recorded lecture on the internet.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Simulation Tools, Platforms & Environments: Some or all of the following would be utilised across the programme.
- Cloud based virtual lab which supports the following programming languages/tools/simulators:
- Networks: NS2, Net-SNMP and WireShark
- Data Analytics:
- Languages: R, Python, Prolog and Lisp
- Platforms: RStudio, Weka, Microsoft Power BI, TensorFlow and Anaconda Navigator
- Libraries: Python Ecosystem – NumPy, SciPi, Pandas, scikit-learn, MatplotLib; Searborn, Keras, NLTK, pgmpy etc.
- Embedded and IOT: Keil, CCS Studio, Tossim and Cheddar
- Devops: Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Selenium, Tomcat and Maven
- Programming Environments: Java, Eclipse, Code::Blocks, Android Studio, Jupyter Notebooks and Spyder
- Others: Multisim, CPU-OS Simulator, SQLite, MATLAB, , Gantt Project, Open Project and XAMPP
- Remote Lab facility caters to the needs of resource intensive requirements of Big Data Analytics applications with the following platforms:
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Storm
- Apache Spark
- Apache Kafka
- Remote Lab facility caters to the needs of Embedded Systems and IoT. It supports the following:
- Hardware / Software tools: MultiCore STM32 microcontroller based development boards.
- Simulation tools: Tossim, Cheddar and Keil
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals holding B Tech., BE, M.Sc, MCA or equivalent in relevant disciplines with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission during the academic year 2019-20.
- Application Fees (one time) : INR 1,500
- Admission Fees (one time) : INR 16,500
- Semester Fees (per semester) : INR 55,000
The one-time Application Fee is to be paid at the time of submitting the Application Form through the Online Application Centre.
Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 71,500/-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre. Fee payment by easy-EMIs with 0% is now available. Enroll with only INR 7,428 in the first month. Click here to learn more.
Semester Fee for subsequent semesters will only be payable later, i.e. at the beginning of those respective semesters.
Any candidate who desires to discontinue from the programme after confirmation of admission & registration for the courses specified in the admit offer letter will forfeit the total amount of fees paid.
For the examination centre at Dubai, in addition to the semester fees, for each semester there will be an examination centre fees of 1000 UAE Dirhams or equivalent per semester out of which 500 UAE Dirhams is to be paid at the time of appearing in Mid-semester examinations at Dubai Centre for that semester and the remaining 500 UAE Dirhams is to be paid at the time of appearing in comprehensive examinations at Dubai centre for that semester.
All the above fees are non-refundable.
Learning Continuity Assurance
BITS Pilani understands that working professionals may face situations that might need them to take a break from the programme. Through its Learning Continuity Assurance facility, BITS Pilani enables working professionals to take a break without losing the semester fee paid by them during Semester 1 and Semester 2. To take a break, the student will need to apply through a standard process to avail the benefit from the Learning Continuity Assurance facility specially created for working professionals. Registering in the semester again after break is subject to availability of the programme and semester schedules prevailing at the time of registration
How to Apply
- Click here to visit the BITS Pilani Online Application Center. Create your login at the Application Center by entering your unique Email id and create a password of your choice. Once your login has been created, you can anytime access the Online Application Center using your email id and password.
- Once you have logged in, you will see a screen showing 4 essential steps to be completed to apply for the programme of your choice.
- Begin by clicking on Step 1 - ‘Fill/ Edit and Submit Application Form’. This will enable you to select the programme of your choice. After you have chosen your programme, you will be asked to fill your details in an online form. You must fill all the details and press ‘Submit’ button given at the bottom of the form.
- Take the next step by clicking on Step 2 - 'Download Application PDF Copy’. This will download a pdf copy of the application form on your computer.
- Now, click on Step 3 - 'Pay Application Fee’ to pay INR 1,500/- using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Take a printout of the downloaded Application Form and note down the Application Form Number displayed on the top-right corner of the first page. This Application Form Number should be referred in all future correspondence with BITS Pilani.
- In the printout of the downloaded Application Form, you will notice on page no. 3 a section called the Employer Consent Form. Complete the Employer Consent Form. This form needs to be signed and stamped by your organisation’s HR or any other authorised signatory of the company.
- Further on page no. 4 of the printed Application Form is a section called the Mentor Consent Form. The Mentor Consent Form needs to be signed by the Mentor. Click here to know who could be a Mentor.
Who is a Mentor:
Candidates applying to Work Integrated Learning Programmes must choose a Mentor, who will monitor the academic progress of the candidate, and act as an advisor & coach for successful completion of the programme. Candidates should ideally choose the immediate supervisor or another senior person from the same organisation. In case a suitable mentor is not available in the same organisation, a candidate could approach a senior person in another organisation who has the required qualifications. Wherever the proposed Mentor is not from the same employing organization as that of the candidate, a supporting document giving justification for the same should be provided by the candidate’s employer.
Candidates applying to B.Tech. programmes should choose a Mentor who is an employed professional with B.E./ B.S./ B.Tech./ M.Sc./ A.M.I.E./ Integrated First Degree of BITS or equivalent
Candidates applying to M.Tech., M.Sc., MBA, M.Phil programme should choose a Mentor who is an employedprofessional with:
B.E. / M.Sc. / M.B.A. / M.C.A. / M.B.B.S. etc. and with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
M.E./ M.S./ M.Tech./ M.Phil./ M.D./ Higher Degree of BITS or equivalent
- Further on page no. 5 of the downloaded Application Form, is a Checklist of Enclosures/ Attachments.
- Make photocopies of the documents mentioned in this Checklist.
- Applicants are required to self-attest all academic mark sheets and certificates.
- Finally, click on Step 4 - 'Upload & Submit All Required Documents’. This will allow you to upload one-by-one the printed Application Form, Mentor Consent Form, Employer Consent Form, and all mandatory supporting documents and complete the application process. Acceptable file formats for uploading these documents are DOC, DOCX, PDF, ZIP and JPEG.
- Upon receipt of your Application Form and all other enclosures, the Admissions Cell will scrutinise them for completeness, accuracy and eligibility.
- Admission Cell will intimate selected candidates by email within two weeks of submission of application with all supporting documents. The selection status can also be checked by logging in to the Online Application Centre.
This programme is designed for working professionals. At the time of submitting the application, candidates must be employed in another organization. Professionals who are owners of a registered business are also eligible to apply. For detailed information, including academic background, work experience, etc. refer to the programme eligibility criteria.
Lectures are conducted live via online classes. These lectures can be attended via the internet using a computer from any location. These online classrooms offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus. The online lectures are conducted usually over weekends for a total of 7-8 hours per week. If you miss a lecture, you can also access the recorded lecture on the internet.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a degree certificate from BITS Pilani.
Each semester has a Mid-semester Exam and a Comprehensive Exam, which are conducted over weekends. Participants will need to appear in-person to take these exams at exams centers in the following locations:
India Centers: Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pilani, Pune
International Centers: Dubai
In case participants are unable to take an exam due to work-related commitments, there is also a provision of appearing for Make-up Exams.
The programme provides high degree of interactivity between participants and the faculty members and programme instructors. Q&A sessions during the live online lectures allow participants to pose questions to the faculty members, and seek guidance through voice and chat. Further interaction with faculty members and peers is enabled through the e-learning portal, by using discussion forums and message boards.
The programme features high usage of experiential learn components such as Simulations, Virtual Labs, and Remote Labs, in order to mimic the on-campus experience.
Participants will be given access to portals, that will allow them to access both cloud-based labs, as well as Campus-based physical labs. Using leading industry-recognised Software tools, Programming languages, and Simulation software, participants will be able to perform experiments and run simulations to advance their knowledge
Learning Continuity Assurance (LCA) is a unique initiative of BITS Pilani, that further empowers programme participants should there be a disruption in their pursuit of the programme. In case a participant needs to take a break in the middle of the programme, the LCA will help them preserve the money invested. Such participants will be able to rejoin the programme at a later date, and continue from where they left off.
For detailed information, please refer to the programme brochure.
Candidates applying to the programmes must choose a Mentor, who will monitor the academic progress of the candidate, and act as an advisor & coach for successful completion of the programme. Candidates should ideally choose the immediate supervisor or another senior person from the same organisation. In case a suitable mentor is not available in the same organisation, a candidate could approach a senior person in another organisation who has the required qualifications. For detailed information, please refer to the programme brochure.
Kindly note that BITS Pilani does not assign Mentors to programme participants.
The programme is designed for working professionals, and participants are not required to travel to a BITS campus. However, certain programme offer Campus Immersion Modules such as workshops or seminars, which are highly recommended but not mandatory.