BITS Pilani's Work Integrated Learning Programmes (WILP) have helped industry professionals acquire knowledge, skills, and expertise in their own domains through rigorous academic processes without leaving their workplace. WILP, BITS Pilani, has played a significant role in fostering industry-academia connect through our academic programmes, and teaching in such programmes requires a unique blend of conceptual rigour, practitioner orientation and application to real-world industry practices.
A faculty with the CSIS department of WILP is expected to:
- Teach courses in the programs that we offer
- Contribute to academic program committee activities such as curriculum design, development of lab experiments and digital content
- Continuously improve their knowledge and keep abreast of evolving technology landscape, in the domain of their interest
- Possess hands-on experience of the tools and frameworks used in the industry, and a strong sense of the industry relevant application areas of theoretical concepts
- Have an ability to manage classrooms with students of differing levels of experience and backgrounds Possess reasonable administrative capabilities to contribute to activities such as program coordination and interfacing with organizations for Practice School
- Mentor students through the Practice School program
- Play a significant role in keeping the industry-academia connect thriving for BITS, Pilani
Location : Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi NCR
M.Tech, ME or equivalent degree in computer science discipline from an institute of repute (with 1st Division or 60% throughout). With a minimum of twelve (12) years of industry experience (Software/IT industry preferred).
PhD in relevant discipline from an institution of repute (with 1st Division or 60% throughout). Minimum of six (6) years of experience of which six years should have been at the level of Assistant Professor, with an excellent track record of teaching, curriculum & content development, and research.
Entry Basic Pay: Rs. 1,48,100
Dearness Allowance: 38% of Basic Pay (Normally aligned with Central Govt. announcement)
Annual Increment: As per Pay matrix at 3%
Reimbursable Professional Allowance: Rs. 1,00,000 per financial year
Relocation Allowance: Baggage shifting and travelling expenses of self and family upto Rs. 50000/- within India and upto Rs. 1 Lakh for joining from abroad
Contributory Provident Fund: Employee & Employer contribution of 12% of Basic + Da Per month
Gratuity: As per “Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972”
Medical Coverage: Reimbursed to an extent of 90% of the expenses incurred as per BITS Medical policy (including parents if dependent)
Children’s Education Allowance: One-time Admission fee and Tuition fees paid for studies up to class 12 are reimbursable, subject to certain limits.
Fee waiver for education in First and Higher degree in BITS campuses as per policy.
On Campus Housing: Not Applicable, HRA provided in lieu of it
Leave Travel Allowance: The institute meets 100% of the actual fare both for the onward and return journeys as per eligibility of travel once in a cycle of two years for visit to Home town.
Vacation Leave: 60 days paid vacation per academic year
Other Leave: Casual Leave (15 days per year), Special Casual Leave (15 days per year), Half Pay Leave, Commuted Leave etc. as per Leave rules of the Institute