- 11-month Post Graduate certificate programme for working professionals that can be pursued online, and covers software, hardware, application systems, big data, and their interplay in IoT systems
- Hands-on experiential learning through remote labs that provide access to leading IoT platforms such as ARM Cortex based STM32, Raspberry Pi & Arduino
- Extensive digital content including expert lecture videos and engaging digital learning material
- A 6-week Capstone project where you will design, build and implement a prototype IoT system, under the mentorship of BITS Pilani instructors
- Interact with BITS Pilani instructors through online live lectures, responsive Q&A support and discussion forums
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will receive a Post Graduate Certificate in Internet of Things Such participants can apply to M.Tech Embedded Systems offered by BITS Pilani Work Integrated Learning Programme
- Course 1: IoT Technology & Applications
- Course 2: Communication & Networking Technologies in IoT
- Course 3: Hardware Architectures for IoT
- Course 4: Sensors, Actuators, & Signal Processing
- Course 5: Software & Programming in IoT
- Course 6: Data Management in IoT
- Course 7: Capstone Project.
Download the brochure for detailed Syllabus for each of the Courses.
To apply, candidates must be working professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent in Comp. Sci./ Info. Sys./ Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation. Employed professionals who hold M.Sc. (Electronics) are also eligible to apply
The programme is designed for engineers who wish to transition to IoT career opportunities in sectors such as IT, Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy, Telecom and Logistics. Engineers currently working in organisations that either provide IoT products & services, or design & implement IoT solutions for transforming their own business should also consider applying to this programme.
The following fees schedule is applicable for the Post Graduate Programme in Internet of Things.
Programme Fees: INR 2,45,000 (including GST)
Fee Payment Schedule:
- Block Amount: INR 25,000 (payable within 7 days of receipt of provisional Admission Offer Letter
- Remainder Programme Fee: INR 2,20,000 (payable within 15 days of receipt of Final Admission Offer Letter)
Refund: Participants may cancel their admission within the first 14 days from the start of the cohort, i.e. Programme Start date (launch of Course 1). He/ She will be eligible to get a full refund of programme fee paid, minus the bank processing charges, and applicable taxes (the taxes won’t be refunded). Refund will be processed within a maximum of 45 working days. The participant will be required to fill in a refund form that will be made available by the Admission Cell.
Deferral: If a participant is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the participant defer to another batch. Participants can request for deferral ONLY ONCE and to the next immediate scheduled cohort of the same programme. Participants will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of programme fees (including GST). The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid. Till this is completed, the participant will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort. The Participant will start learning on the new cohort from the point of leaving the deferred cohort. If, however, the deferral request is raised before the issue of BITS Student ID, the 10% deferral fees will not be charged, and participant will be deferred to the next scheduled cohort. However, in case there is any fee differential between his current cohort and the cohort he/she has deferred to, the participant will have to pay the differential amount.
How to Apply
- Admissions Open. Last Date to Apply: Sep 14, 2020. To apply, Click here to visit the BITS Pilani Online Application Center. Create your login at the Application Center by entering your unique Email id and create a password of your choice. Once your login has been created, you can anytime access the Online Application Center using your email id and password.
- You will receive a Provisional Admission Offer Letter within 2 days of receipt of your Application Form.
- Upon receiving the Provisional Admission Offer Letter, you will need to submit the following within 7 days using the Online Application Center:
- Block amount of INR 25,000
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of self-attested Graduation degree certificate and marksheets.
- Proof of ID (Govt. issued ID such as Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar, Voter ID, etc.)
- Proof of employment, such as Work Experience Certification from current employer.
- Upon receiving the Block Amount and other supporting documents, you will receive a Final Admission Offer Letter. You will need to submit the First Installment (INR 2,20,000) within 15 days of receipt of this letter.
- Upon receipt of the remaining First Installment, you will receive your BITS Student ID, detailed programme schedule and access to the learning.
This programme is designed for working professionals. At the time of submitting the application, candidates must be employed in another organization. Professionals who are owners of a registered business are also eligible to apply.
For detailed information, including academic background, work experience, etc. refer to the programme eligibility criteria.
Lectures are conducted live via online classes. These lectures can be attended via the internet using a computer from any location. These online classrooms offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
The online lectures are conducted usually over weekends for a total of 7-8 hours per week. If you miss a lecture, you can also access the recorded lecture on the internet.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a degree certificate from BITS Pilani.
Each semester has a Mid-semester Exam and a Comprehensive Exam, which are conducted over weekends. Participants will need to appear in-person to take these exams at exams centers in the following locations:
India Centers: Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pilani, Pune
International Centers: Dubai
In case participants are unable to take an exam due to work-related commitments, there is also a provision of appearing for Make-up Exams.
The programme provides high degree of interactivity between participants and the faculty members and programme instructors. Q&A sessions during the live online lectures allow participants to pose questions to the faculty members, and seek guidance through voice and chat. Further interaction with faculty members and peers is enabled through the e-learning portal, by using discussion forums and message boards.
The programme features high usage of experiential learn components such as Simulations, Virtual Labs, and Remote Labs, in order to mimic the on-campus experience.
Participants will be given access to portals, that will allow them to access both cloud-based labs, as well as Campus-based physical labs. Using leading industry-recognised Software tools, Programming languages, and Simulation software, participants will be able to perform experiments and run simulations to advance their knowledge
Learning Continuity Assurance (LCA) is a unique initiative of BITS Pilani, that further empowers programme participants should there be a disruption in their pursuit of the programme. In case a participant needs to take a break in the middle of the programme, the LCA will help them preserve the money invested. Such participants will be able to rejoin the programme at a later date, and continue from where they left off.
For detailed information, please refer to the programme brochure.
Candidates applying to the programmes must choose a Mentor, who will monitor the academic progress of the candidate, and act as an advisor & coach for successful completion of the programme. Candidates should ideally choose the immediate supervisor or another senior person from the same organisation. In case a suitable mentor is not available in the same organisation, a candidate could approach a senior person in another organisation who has the required qualifications. For detailed information, please refer to the programme brochure.
Kindly note that BITS Pilani does not assign Mentors to programme participants.
The programme is designed for working professionals, and participants are not required to travel to a BITS campus. However, certain programme offer Campus Immersion Modules such as workshops or seminars, which are highly recommended but not mandatory.