- 11-month Post Graduate certificate programme for working professionals that can be pursued online.
- Comprehensive and rigorous curriculum covering key concepts and technologies of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- An 8-week Capstone project where you will work towards solving a Data Science related business problem under the mentorship of BITS Pilani faculty members and senior industry practitioners.
- Two Immersion modules of 2-days each at a BITS Pilani Campus or Online, during which participants will visit the Campus to interact with their peers and learn together from BITS faculty.
- Access to BITS Pilani instructors through online live lectures, Q&A support and discussion forums.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
- Contact-less and safe Online exams facility.
- Option to submit fee using easy-EMIs with 0% interest.
The 11-month online Post Graduate Programme in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning consists of 6 Courses and a Capstone Project
REGRESSION (6 WEEKS)
Regression is a widely used statistical learning method, and this course will enable participants to have a deeper understanding of regression models both from theoretical and implementation perspective.
The course covers concepts such as lasso regression, ridge regression and the interpretability of the predicted models.
- Overview of certificate programme in ML & AI
- Introduction to Regression
- Mathematics Foundations
- Model Building using Least squares
- Model Accuracy & Selection
- Interpretability of regression models
FEATURE ENGINEERING (4 WEEKS)
Feature Engineering is an important step to develop and improve performance of Machine Learning models. In this course, students will learn different data wrangling techniques that help transforming the raw data to an appropriate form on which learning algorithms can be applied.
This course enables students to identify and implement appropriate feature extraction and pre-processing techniques. The Visualization techniques will also be taught in this course.
- Overview of Feature Engineering
- Data Preprocessing
- Dimensionality Reduction
CLASSIFICATION (8 WEEKS)
The course on Classification lays down a strong foundation on the algorithmic perspective of popular classification algorithms - k-NN, Naïve Bayes, Decision Tree, Logistic Regression and SVM. The implementation details of these models, along with tuning of parameters will be illustrated. The course also covers concepts such as ensemble methods like bagging, boosting, Random Forest, and interpretability of the predicted models.
- Overview of the Classification Module
- Nearest-neighbour Methods
- Naïve Bayes Classifier
- Logistic Regression
- Decision Tree
- Optimization Foundations for Support Vector Machines
- Support Vector Machines
- Support Vector Machines in overlapping class distributions & Kernels
- Ensemble Methods
UNSUPERVISED LEARNING & ASSOCIATION RULE MINING (7 WEEKS)
The course on Unsupervised Learning & Association Rule Mining focuses on finding natural groups or clusters that are present in the data. The course will cover lustering algorithms like K-means, Hierarchical & DBSCAN algorithms, Hidden Markov Models for time series prediction, and market basket analysis to generate the interesting rules from a transactional database.
- Introduction to Unsupervised Learning, Clustering
- K-Means Algorithm, K-Means – Variations, Detecting Outliers
- Math Fundamentals for EM Algorithm, EM Algorithm, Clustering for Customer Segmentation
- Hierarchical Clustering
- Density Based Clustering, Clustering for Anomaly Detection
- Assessing Quality of Clustering, Significance of Clustering - Interpreting/ summarizing Clusters by businesses
- Association Rule Mining, Apriori Algorithm
- Time series Prediction and Markov Process, Hidden Markov Model
Text Mining (5 weeks)
Text mining is the process of deriving high-quality information from text and this is the fifth course of the program. This course aims to equip students with adequate knowledge in extracting the relevant text data and skills to identify patterns therein. This course covers topics like converting documents to vectors, parts of speech tagging, topic modelling, sentiment analysis and recommender systems.
- Document vectorization and Parts of Speech Tagging
- Introduction to Part of speech tagging, Part of speech tagging using HMM-1, Implementing POS Tagging in Python
- Topic modelling using LDA
- Introduction to Sentiment Analysis
- Recommender Systems
Deep Learning and ANN (6 weeks)
Deep learning is an evolving subfield of Machine Learning and this course starts with traditional Neural Networks followed by sequential networks, Convolution Networks, Autoencoders and Generative deep learning models. The implementation details of these deep learning models along with tuning of the parameters will be illustrated in this course.
- Artificial Neural Network
- Sequence Modeling in Neural Network
- Deep Learning
- Convolution Networks with Deep Learning
- Autoencoders with Deep Learning
- Generative deep learning models
CAPSTONE PROJECT (8 WEEKS)
During the 8-week Capstone Project, participants will work in teams to design and solve a real-world business problem encompassing data science pipeline using AI&ML techniques under the mentorship of BITS Pilani faculty members and senior Industry practitioners.
In addition to the Curriculum above, participants will have the option of taking an optional course on Python at the beginning of the Programme. This will allow participants to revisit essential concepts that will help in all other courses during the programme. Topics covered include Introduction to Python programming and installation, Data Types, Program constructs, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Debugging Python programs.
For detailed programme curriculum, download the brochure.
Online Exams Option
Examinations Mode Options for Post Graduate Programme in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applicable for students admitted in Batch starting in March 2021
Comprehensive examinations will be conducted for each Course in the programme. These exams are typically conducted at the end of Course 3 (for Courses 1-3) and for balance courses before starting the capstone project. These examinations are mostly scheduled over weekends. In addition to the comprehensive examinations for each course, student will need to also participate in an online quiz or do an assignment and submit it online as per the course plan.
Two Options on Mode of Examinations:
Institution offers a choice between taking the examination online or taking it at a designated examination center. The student will choose one of the option depending on his or her own preference and circumstances. Both options are explained below:
Online Examinations: Students choosing this option can take the examinations online from any location e.g. office or home. To take an online examination, student must possess a laptop or desktop with a web cam, a smart phone and good internet connectivity. As per the examination schedule, the student is expected to login to the institution’s online examination platform and take the examinations in compliance with institution’s defined guidelines and rules announced before the examinations. For full details about hardware, software and connectivity requirements to take online examination, click here.
Examinations at Designated Examination Centers: Students choosing this option will need to appear in person for taking the examinations at institution’s designated examination centers. These designated examination centers are at the following locations: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Goa, Delhi NCR, Pilani and Kolkata. In addition to these locations,Institution also has a designated examination center at Dubai. Please note that offering of examinations at designated examination centers is subject to institution’s assessment of the safety conditions as per prevailing pandemic conditions and also subject to a required minimum number of students preferring this option. The institution may choose to not offer this option, if as per its own assessment the safety situation due to pandemic conditions is not conducive to conduct examinations at designated examination centers or also if as per its assessment adequate no of students have not preferred for this option. In circumstances as explained, Institute will then conduct the examinations only in the online mode.
Important: The option of taking Online Exams will remain available throughout the duration of the programme. However, in case a student chooses to take a break in the programme, the options on the mode of examination available will be as prevailing at the time the student resumes the programme.
For more information, please click here to download the brochure.
Minimum eligibility to apply:
Employed professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent, and working in relevant fields are eligible to apply.
Candidates holding M.Sc. in Mathematics or Statistics, and working in relevant roles are also eligible to apply to this programme. A working knowledge of languages such as Python is recommended
The following fees schedule is applicable for the Post Graduate Programme in AI & Machine Learning.
Programme Fees : INR 2,45,000 (including GST)
Fee Payment Schedule:
- Block Amount: INR 25,000 (payable within 7 days of receipt of provisional Admission Offer Letter
- Remainder Programme Fee: INR 2,20,000 (payable within 15 days of receipt of Final Admission Offer Letter)
For details on No-cost EMI option with 0% interest, Click Here
Refund: Participants may cancel their admission within the first 14 days from the start of the cohort, i.e. Programme Start date (launch of Course 1). He/ She will be eligible to get a full refund of programme fee paid, minus the bank processing charges, and applicable taxes (the taxes won’t be refunded). Refund will be processed within a maximum of 45 working days. The participant will be required to fill in a refund form that will be made available by the Admission Cell.
Deferral: If a participant is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the participant defer to another batch. Participants can request for deferral ONLY ONCE and to the next immediate scheduled cohort of the same programme. Participants will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of programme fees (including GST). The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid. Till this is completed, the participant will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort. The Participant will start learning on the new cohort from the point of leaving the deferred cohort. If, however, the deferral request is raised before the issue of BITS Student ID, the 10% deferral fees will not be charged, and participant will be deferred to the next scheduled cohort. However, in case there is any fee differential between his current cohort and the cohort he/she has deferred to, the participant will have to pay the differential amount.
How to Apply
- Click here to visit the BITS Pilani Online Application Center. Create your login at the Application Center by entering your unique Email id and create a password of your choice. Once your login has been created, you can anytime access the Online Application Center using your email id and password.
- You will receive a Provisional Admission Offer Letter within 2 days of receipt of your Application Form.
- Upon receiving the Provisional Admission Offer Letter, you will need to submit the following within 7 days using the Online Application Center:
- Block amount of INR 25,000
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of self-attested Graduation degree certificate and marksheets.
- Proof of ID (Govt. issued ID such as Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar, Voter ID, etc.)
- Proof of employment, such as Work Experience Certification from current employer.
- Upon receiving the Block Amount and other supporting documents, you will receive a Final Admission Offer Letter. You will need to submit the First Installment (INR 2,20,000) within 15 days of receipt of this letter. For details on No-cost EMI option with 0% interest, Click Here.
- Upon receipt of the remaining First Installment, you will receive your BITS Student ID, detailed programme schedule and access to the learning.
The programme can be pursued by employed professionals who hold B.E or B.Tech., and work in Technology related roles. If a professional has the required qualifications and a desire to accelerate his or her career in the highly rewarding domain of AI & Ml, this is the ideal programme.
Yes. The qualification will provide you the prestigious BITS Pilani Alumni status, through which you will become member of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
a. A unique and specialised programme in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning that helps participants gain deep conceptual understanding and the skills that are highly valued by the industry
b. A rich & flexible learning methodology allows one to pursue the programme without any career break.
c. Engaging digital learning experience that involves expert lecture videos, assignments, online live classes and discussion forums. In addition you will also be able to clear your doubts through periodic live sessions with faculty and active online discussion forums.
d. The programme includes a 8-week rigorous project under the guidance of BITS Pilani faculty members and senior industry practitioners
e. The programme includes two Immersion modules of 2-days each at a BITS Pilani Campus or Online.
Participants will be expected to devote 8-10 hours each week to fully benefit from programme. You will be able to engage with lecture videos, complete periodic assignments, and interact with the cohort through discussions forums for a rich academic experience.
Programme participants will be able to engage with instructors to clear their academic doubts: a. Periodic live sessions with instructors will help you to clear your doubts and seek answers. b. BITS Pilani faculty members and Teaching Assistants will be available through discussion forums and email. c. Discussion forums will help you interact with other participants to seek an offer support.
During the 8-week Capstone Project, participants will work in teams to design and solve a real-world business problem encompassing data science pipeline using AI&ML techniques. Participants will be required to identify applicable AI and ML solutions, and apply these solutions to arrive at outcomes. Through each phase of the project, participants will be mentored by BITS Pilani faculty members and senior Industry practitioners using a rigourous and structured framework, and will receive regular feedback on their progress. Your project work is the showcase to the industry of your expertise in the domain of AI & ML.
Employed professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent, working in IT related roles are eligible to apply to this programme. A working knowledge of languages such as Python is recommended.
With the huge amount of available data, industries are now inspired to move towards data driven decision making and hence there is a huge demand for experts in the area of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The demand for these skills has been increased by their widespread applications in industries such as Retail, Banking and Manufacturing. Therefore it is no surprise that the skills in these areas are the most sought after. BITS Pilani has studied the skills required for popular Data Science related roles such as Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, AI Product Manager, Data Engineer, Applied ML Scientist, and many other rewarding opportunities. The curriculum has been mapped to these roles and provides you with the knowledge, skills and expertise required to take up these in any AI & ML related role. We believe that armed with these skills an engineer will be sought after by the industry. Please note that BITS Pilani does not offer placement assistance as a part of this programme.
Refund: Participants may cancel their admission upto the first 14 days from the start of the cohort i.e. Programme Start date (launch of Course 1). He/ She will be eligible to get a full refund of his programme fee paid, minus the bank processing charges and applicable taxes (the taxes won’t be refunded). Refund will be processed within a maximum of 45 working days. The participant will be required to fill in a refund form that will be made available by the Admission Cell. Deferral: If a participant is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the participant defer to another batch. Participants can request for deferral ONLY ONCE and to the next immediate scheduled cohort of the same programme. Participants will be required to pay a deferral fees of 10% of programme fees (including GST). The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fees is paid. Till this is completed, the participant will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort. Participant will start learning on the new cohort from the point of leaving the deferred cohort. If, however, the deferral request is raised before the issue of BITS Student ID, the 10% deferral fees will not be charged and participant will be deferred to the next scheduled cohort. However, in case there is any fee differential between his current cohort and the cohort he/she has deferred to, the participant will have to pay the differential amount.