- 11-month Post Graduate certificate programme for working professionals that can be pursued online.
- Comprehensive and rigorous curriculum covering key concepts and technologies related to Full Stack Engineering, Software Development Life Cycle, DevOps, Application Development, and Deployment for web, mobile & cloud.
- Tools and technologies covered include Python, React, Django REST, Kotlin, SQL, HTML, JS, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services like EKS, Code Pipeline, Apache Web Server, Jenkins, Selenium, Gradle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, VS Code, Eclipse, Android Studio, and more.
- Unique hands-on learning using a dedicated ‘Event Booking’ app that will be used throughout the programme, and will allow participants to play with the source code to plan, develop, and deploy their own custom full-stack software application.
- An 8-week Capstone project where you will work towards building and deploying a functional Full-Stack solution under the mentorship of BITS Pilani faculty members and senior industry practitioners.
- Two Campus Immersion modules of 2-days each at the Hyderabad Campus of BITS Pilani, during which participants will visit the Campus to interact with their peers and learn together from BITS faculty.
- Extensive digital content including expert lecture videos, and engaging digital learning material.
- Access to BITS Pilani instructors through online live lectures, Q&A support, and discussion forums.
- Contact-less and safe Online exams facility.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The 11-month online Post Graduate Programme in Full Stack Engineering consists of 6 Courses and a Capstone Project
Overview of Full Stack Engineering
Overview of the modern application landscape; Typical structure of an end-to-end application: components and connections; Design considerations and implementation choices; Case study for each of the topics discussed.
Mobile Application Development
Mobile application building blocks such as the screens (UI), background services; Communication between the application components; Application development using native multi-platform development; Interaction of applications with Internet resources, REST APIs, databases; Unit testing of applications; Integration with code repositories.
Cloud Native Development
Basics of cloud computing. Different types of services; Virtual machines vs Containers deployment; Characteristics of cloud native application; Elements to build cloud-native applications; Cloud native architecture and micro-services; Design, decomposition of applications to micro-services; Developing micro-services; Interactions with data services and databases.
Agile and DevOps
Overview of Agile methodology: Scrum, Test driven development, DevOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD); Code repository: Multi-user, distributed development, version control; Continuous inspection of code quality; Build and build tools; Automated Testing; Integration tools; Implementing CI/CD.
Deployment of Micro-services 2
Containerizing applications by creating container configuration files and build processes; Manage deploying, scaling, and updating applications with micro-services using container management platforms such as Kubernetes; Configure and launch auto-scaling, self-healing clusters; Best practices for container management, when architecting and developing new microservices.
Full stack applications demonstrating the UI, server and database components of an end to end multi-user application; Usage of one or more well-known development frameworks; Demonstration of scalability and reusability by applying design concepts such as microservices and container-based deployment on the cloud; Demonstration of compliance with principles of agile and CI/CD.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals holding B.E./ B.Tech/ M.Sc./ MCA/ Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent, and working in the software domain.
The programme is designed for Software Programmers, Quality Assurance Professionals, Database Administrators, Support/Maintenance Professionals, and others who wish to build expertise in domains such as Web and Mobile Apps Development, Backend Development with Databases, Cloud Native Apps with Micro-services, App Deployments on various platforms, and DevOps Process. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to take up roles in Full Sack Development and Full Stack Engineering.