- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- Four-semester inter-disciplinary and comprehensive programme covering aspects such as Planning, Implementation, Governance, Technology, Operations and Finance in the areas of Sanitation, Water and Waste Management projects.
- One-week intensive hands-on training in Applied Environmental Biotechnology Laboratory and Faecal Sludge Management laboratory which will involve conducting experiments as well as visits to working demonstration plants.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Sanitation Technology
- Sanitation and Public Health
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Sanitation Financing & Project Management
- Environmental Sampling and Analytical Methods
- Emergency Sanitation & Leadership
- Elective 3
- Sanitation Governance & Behavioral Change and Advocacy
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Elective 6
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Biological Treatment Principles and Design of Waste Water System
- Environmental Statistics
- Environmental Systems Modelling
- Solid Waste Management
- Environmental Management System
- Environmental Impact and Risk Assessment
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations.
Simulations and Lab Exercises:
One-week intensive hands-on training in Applied Environmental Biotechnology Laboratory and Faecal Sludge Management laboratory which will involve conducting experiments as well as visits to working demonstration plants.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Candidate must be an employed professional holding BE/ B.Tech./ Integrated First degree of BITS or its equivalent in the areas of Civil / Chemical Engineering, or M.Sc in Chemistry / Biology / Environmental Science with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one year of work experience after the completion of the degree.
Exceptional candidates who hold other qualifications, but have substantial experience in the field of sanitation may be considered for admission, at the sole discretion of BITS Pilani.
The programme is suited for professionals employed in Government, Semi-Government organisations/ departments, such as PWD, Municipal Corporations, Urban Development Authorities, Rural Development Authorities, Pollution Control Boards, and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Professionals working with other organisations such as NGOs, and Private organisations involved in the area of Sanitation Wastewater Management, etc. may also consider applying to the programme.