- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members and experienced industry professionals.
- Comprehensive programme covering Wastewater Systems, Solid Waste Management, Waste Treatment Plants, Environmental Remote Sensing, Environmental Systems Modelling, Applied Transport Phenomena, Air Pollution Control Technologies, Environmental Statistics and more.
- The Dissertation in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during course work to solve current environmental problems.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Management Systems
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Applied Transport Phenomena
- Environmental Sampling and Analytical Methods
- Elective 6
- Elective 7
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning materials at their own pace and convenience which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content.
Continuous Assessment includes graded assignments or quizzes, mid-semester exams, and comprehensive exams.
The programme emphasizes on experiential learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in classroom in simulated and real work situations:
- Simulations and Lab Exercises: Virtual laboratory exercises enables learners to use software’s/modeling tools to carryout simulations to obtain the result of particular experiment. Such exercises provide an approximate version of the real world experiment.
- Case Studies and Assignments: Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
- Dissertation: Dissertation work in the fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to address environmental problems related to either their own organization or society by applying knowledge gained during the programme. They are expected to demonstrate the concepts learnt during their course work while solving the environmental problems.
MApplicants must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be employed professionals holding B.E / B.Tech / M.Sc./ Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent in relevant disciplines such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Mechanical Engineering, with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- Applicants must have adequate preparation in Mathematics at the 10+2 or Graduation level.
- Applicants must have a minimum of one year of work experience after the completion of the degree in domains related to Environmental Science/ Engineering or allied areas.