- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- Learners who successfully complete the Post Graduate Diploma in Finance may apply to MBA in Finance offered by BITS Pilani. Students who are accepted to the MBA program will be able to transfer course credits earned during Post Graduate Diploma in Finance.
- The programme is for two semesters, with online classes conducted mostly on weekends or after business hours.
- Both semesters cover four courses each.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Global Financial Markets and Products
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial Analytics
- Multinational Finance
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Management of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Introduction to FinTech
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructuring
- Advanced Risk Models
- Financial Risk Management
- Behavioural Finance
- Derivatives and Financial Engineering
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
FINANCIAL MODELLING AND SIMULATION GAMES
Some or all of the following would be utilized across the programme.
Gamified Simulation on Working Capital Management and Stock Markets.
Financial and Economic Modelling using spreadsheets, including Security Analysis and Valuation, construction of efficient portfolios, developing hedging strategies using Financial Derivatives.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme to successfully apply these concepts.
The following working professionals should consider applying to the programme:
- Employed professionals holding B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc./Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one year of relevant work experience after the completion of the degree
- Employed professionals holding a three-year undergraduate degree in such areas as Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Economics, Commerce, and Business Management, and having studied at least one course in Mathematics or Statistics at the high school or higher level, and minimum two years of relevant work experience after the completion of the degree
The programme is designed for:
- Highly driven and ambitious Finance professionals working as Financial Analysts, Investment Advisors, Securities Brokers, Accountants, and CA.
- Other professionals working in IT, Engineering, Sciences or other business functions who are seeking to enter the field of finance or strengthen their understanding of areas of finance such as Investment Management, Risk Management, or Financial Management in general.
- Experienced technical professionals who wish to gain familiarity with financial terminology and gain the financial skills necessary to evolve into successful entrepreneurs.