- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- A two full days intensive Bootcamp session to learn and apply contemporary topics such as ‘Design Thinking, Disruptive Innovation, Six-sigma, Digital Manufacturing and Judgement in Crisis’.
- An annual conclave to network, learn and share best practices with the leading industry professionals and academicians.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Operations Management
- Total Quality Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Reliability Engineering
- Statistical Quality Control
- Quality Management Systems
- Project Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership & Managing Change
- Strategic Management & Business Policy
- Software Quality Management
- Decision Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Supply Chain Management
- Precision Engineering for advanced manufacturing technologies
- Six sigma
- Research methods
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The program emphasises on application of engineering and science learnt in the class through virtual and remote labs.
- Learners perform a variety of experiments using industry scale simulation software in a virtual lab such as Flexsim, MiniTab
- Controlled experiments are performed in Remote Labs, accessing physical lab equipment using remote control systems.
- Real-life scenarios are replicated using simulation games and video-cases, where learners experience implications of applying concepts in practice.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
The Virtual Lab is a cloud based simulation space, where participants can design, develop and test solutions for industry scale problems. The lab hosts a range of popular software tools that can simulate the complete spectrum of engineering processes to the accuracy and precision of real-life. The lab is open 24x7, 365 days with a live support. Participants of M.Tech. Quality Management can access the following Virtual Lab:
Quality Management Virtual Lab
This lab enables the users to focus more on the analysis of data and the interpretation of results. Statistical analysis tool Minitab is used in this lab for formulating the problem and perform statistical analysis using response curves. Participants can perform experiments such as Quality assurance and reliability experiments, Quality control experiments, Total quality Management experiments.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals working in Quality and allied business organizations, holding B Tech., BE, M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for highly driven and ambitious professionals who wish to gain expertise in Quality Management, and acquire Operational, Managerial and Technical skills required for lead Strategic Management and Change Management initiatives within organisations.