- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme offers courses that enable participants to gain an overall perspective in the domains of pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, process engineering, regulatory, and management.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Pharmaceutical Administration and Management
- Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Pharmaceutical Process Development and Scale-up
- Elective 6
- Elective 7
- Elective 8
- Advanced Physical Pharmaceuticals
- Dosage Form Design
- Manufacturing Organisations and Management
- Statistical Process Control
- Production and operation management
- Project Management
- Intellectual Property rights and Pharmaceuticals
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management & Business Policy
- Human Resource Management
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals holding BDS/ B.Pharma./ B.Tech./ BE/ MBBS/ BVSC/ M.Pharma./ M.Sc./ M.Tech./ MS/ MVSC/ Integrated First Degree of BITS Pilani or its equivalent in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for:
- Highly driven and ambitious professionals working in areas such as Production, Quality Control & Regulatory Affairs, Formulation R&D, Scale-up and Technology Transfer, in the formulation development industry.
- Experience professionals in technical roles in the Pharmaceutical industry who wish to gain a deeper understanding of advanced production techniques, and grow into leadership roles with global enterprises.