- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme offers a set of courses that allow students to gain expertise in areas that include back-end and front-end microelectronics such as Processor & SoC Design, Chip Design, VLSI CAD Tool Development and Semiconductor Fabrication.
- Participants will be able to use Remote Labs, that provide remote access to hardware and software tools that are used for designing and testing embedded systems on various platforms such as MultiCore STM32, Raspberry Pi, Ardunio, Xilinix FPGA.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- VLSI Design
- Physics & Modeling of Microelectronic Devices
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- IC Fabrication Technology
- Analog IC Design
- CAD for IC Design
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Elective 6
- Elective 7
- Introduction to MEMS
- RF Microelectronics
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- Embedded System Design
- Testability of VLSI
- Real-Time Systems
- Hardware-Software Co-Design
- Networked Embedded Applications
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced VLSI Design
- VLSI Architecture
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Virtual & Remote Labs
The remote labs provide you with remote access to hardware and software tools that are used for designing and testing embedded systems on various platforms such as MultiCore STM32, Raspberry Pi, Ardunio, Xilinix FPGA.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals holding BE/ B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for highly driven and ambitious engineers working in the Semiconductor industry who wish to gain expertise in areas such as Chip design, Processor design or IC fabrication.
If you are a professional in technical roles such as FSM Process Engineer, Micro-architect, Tool engineers, Analog/ Digital/ Mixed-Signal Chip Designer, you should consider applying to this programme.