- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme focuses on areas such as Additive Manufacturing, Disruptive Innovation, Data Analytics in Operations, and IoT in Manufacturing.
- Experiential learning adopting gamified simulation content from Harvard Business Publication.
- A two full days intensive bootcamp session to learn and apply contemporary topics such as 'Design Thinking, Disruptive Innovation, Theory of Constraints, Digital Manufacturing and Judgement in Crisis'.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work integrated activities.
- An annual conclave to network, learn and share best practices with the leading industry professionals and academicians.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Manufacturing Planning & Control
- Total Quality Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Product Design
- Supply Chain Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Maintenance Engineering
- Decision Analysis
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Strategic Management & Business Policy
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Managing Change
- Managerial Corporate Finance
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Manufacturing Strategy
- IoT in Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam
The program emphasises on application of engineering and science learnt in the class through virtual and remote labs.
- Learners perform a variety of experiments using industry scale simulation software in a virtual lab such as Flexsim, MiniTab etc.
- Controlled experiments are performed in Remote Labs, accessing physical lab equipment using remote control systems.
- Real-life scenarios are replicated using simulation games and video-cases, where learners experience implications of applying concepts in practice
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts
The Virtual Lab is a cloud based simulation space, where participants can design, develop and test solutions for industry scale problems. The lab hosts a range of popular software tools that can simulate the complete spectrum of engineering processes to the accuracy and precision of real-life. The lab is open 24x7, 365 days with a live support.
Participants of M.Tech. Manufacturing Management can access the following Virtual Labs:
Industrial Engineering Virtual Lab
Manufacturing management is a 3D simulation platform that models, simulates, predicts, and visualizes systems in manufacturing, material handling, healthcare, warehousing, mining, logistics, etc. Participants can use this lab to perform the experiments such as Lean Manufacturing, Flexible Manufacturing Systems.
Machining Virtual Lab
Development of metal cutting processes, tool design, cutting parameters and controller settings takes a great deal of time and cost. Virtual lab contribute for improving process design and engineering of all CNC metal removal processes with short span of time. Participants can use this lab to perform the experiments such as 3 & 5 Axis machining with Siemens, Fanuc, Haas, and Mitsubishi controllers, Turning with Fanuc & Siemens controller.
Quality Management Virtual Lab
This lab enables the users to focus more on the analysis of data and the interpretation of results. Statistical analysis tool Minitab is used in this lab for formulating the problem and perform statistical analysis using response curves. Participants can use this lab to perform the experiments such as Quality assurance and reliability experiments, Quality control experiments.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals working in Manufacturing and allied business organizations, holding B Tech., BE, M.Sc, or equivalent in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience after the completion of the degree in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for highly driven and ambitious professionals who wish to advance their careers in the area of Manufacturing Engineering, and grow into leadership roles with global enterprises.