- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme offers a set of courses that allow learners to gain and apply knowledge of various Embedded Systems, and design fault-tolerant, Safety-critical systems for real-time processing.
- Participants will be able to use Remote Labs, that provide remote access to hardware and software tools that are used for designing and testing embedded systems on various platforms such as MultiCore STM32, Raspberry Pi, Ardunio, Xilinix FPGA.
- The programme makes use of VLSI Architecture tools, Simulation tools and Mathematical Modelling tools. These include GEM5, Tossim, Cheddar, Keil, CCS Studio, and MATLAB.
- Semesters 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cover four courses each. The 4th semester covers Dissertation/ Project Work.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Embedded System Design
- Real-Time Systems
- Software for Embedded System
- Elective 1
- Hardware-Software Co-Design
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Elective 6
- Elective 7
- Elective 8
- Computer Networks
- Network Security
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
- Project Management
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- Avionics Systems
- Pervasive Computing
- Reconfigurable Computing
- DSP Based Control of Electric Drives
- Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Control Systems
- Fault-Tolerant System Design
- VLSI Architecture
- Networked Embedded Applications
- Advanced digital signal processing
- VLSI Design
- Testability for VLSI
- Advanced Computer networks
- Optical Communication
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Virtual & Remote Labs
The remote labs provide you with remote access to hardware and software tools that are used for designing and testing embedded systems on various platforms such as MultiCore STM32, Raspberry Pi, Ardunio, Xilinix FPGA.
Simulation-based Lab components
Some or all of the following would be utilised across the programme.
- VLSI Architecture tools like GEM5
- Simulation tools like Tossim, Cheddar, Keil, CCS Studio
- Mathematical Modelling tools such as MATLAB
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals holding Bachelor of Engineering in EEE/ECE/ENI/ Computer Science or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for Highly driven and ambitious engineers working for Embedded Systems services or product companies and wish to advance their careers in hyper-growth areas such as Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Semiconductors, Medical Equipment and Process industries.
If you are a Professional in technical areas such as Software Development & Testing (System or Applications), Hardware Design & Validation, Product Design, Tech Support, Communications and Network Engineering, you should consider applying to this programme.