- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme has been designed for engineering professionals employed in industries such as Automotive, Heavy Engineering, Equipment Manufacturing, Precision Engineering, and working in functional areas such Manufacturing, Production, R&D, Maintenance, Projects, etc.
- The programme has a special emphasis on concepts such as Additive manufacturing, Digital manufacturing, Disruptive innovation, Data analytics, and Cybersecurity in Manufacturing
- The programme includes Virtual Simulation and Remote Labs using Jocta, DFMA, MATLAB, VCNC, and IoT remote lab.
- An annual conclave to network, learn and share best practices with the leading industry professionals and academicians.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
- High Precision Manufacturing
- Product Design
- Precision Engineering
- Advances in materials, composites and plastics
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Additive Manufacturing for Metals
- Big Data Analytics for Manufacturing
- Cybersecurity for Manufacturing
- Mechanisms and Robotics
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Online Labs & Simulations
- Learners perform a variety of experiments using industry scale simulation software in a virtual lab.
- Controlled experiments are performed in Remote Labs, accessing physical lab equipment using remote control systems.
- Real-life scenarios are replicated using simulation games and video-cases, where learners experience implications of applying concepts in practice.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Applicants must be employed professionals working in Engineering organisations, and holding B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in relevant domains with at least 60% aggregate marks. Minimum 1 year of work experience in relevant domains is required to apply.
The programme is designed for engineering professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent in domains such as Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., and working in:
- Industries such as Automotive, Heavy Engineering, Equipment Manufacturing, Precision Engineering, etc.
- Functional areas such as Manufacturing, Production, R&D, Maintenance, Projects, etc.