- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme offers a set of courses that have a strong application orientation through contemporary computation tools such as PTC Creo, ANSYS, MATLAB, Automation Direct, DFMA (Boothroyd) etc. to help build core competency of a technologist. Further students can perform experiments through Remote laboratory for a select set of courses.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Product Design
- Materials Technology & Testing
- Computer-Aided Analysis & Design
- Finite Element Methods
- Dynamics & vibrations
- Project Management
- Mechanisms & Robotics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Composites
- Quality Assurance and Reliability
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through Simulation-based exercises.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals working in engineering design and allied fields, holding BE/ B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks or more in their qualifying exam, and minimum one-year relevant work experience.
The programme is designed for:
- Highly driven and ambitious professionals aspiring to build a career in Engineering Research & Development, and acquire both in technical and managerial competencies.
- Professionals engaged in Design function who want to evolve to a Project Manager role, and build computational competencies that can be applied in new product development and product improvement initiatives.