- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- Special focus on Engine technologies, Electric mobility, Automotive control systems, and Automotive systems engineering.
- Futuristic curriculum developed by academic experts in consultation with leading automotive organisations.
- A two-day intensive boot camp session to learn and apply contemporary topics such as ‘Design Thinking, ADAS, Engine Calibration and Automotive Systems Engineering’.
- An annual conclave to network, learn and share best practices with the leading industry professionals and academicians.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Emphasis on Experiential learning through an Integrated Automotive Engineering lab with remote access capabilities, in addition to assignments, case studies and other work-integrated activities.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Advances in IC Engines
- Automotive Systems Engineering
- Advances in Metals, Composites & Plastics
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Advances in Vehicle Body Structures
- Product Design
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics & Heat Transfer
- Durability, Crash & Safety Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Advanced Vehicle Acoustics
- Automotive Control Systems
- Automotive Security
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The program emphasises on application of engineering and science learnt in the class through virtual and remote labs:
Learners perform a variety of experiments using industry scale simulation software in a virtual lab such as Ricardo, Matlab Simulink etc. Controlled experiments are performed in Automotive Engineering Remote Labs, accessing physical lab equipment using remote control systems.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: To apply, candidates must be employed professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. in relevant disciplines with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one year of working experience in the relevant domain.
The programme is designed for highly driven and ambitious professionals who wish to prepare themselves for the emerging technologies in Automotive Engineering, and acquire skills in core technical areas such as IC Engines, Electric Mobility, ADAS to lead research and development projects in technology-driven automotive engineering organisations.