- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme has been designed for engineering professionals employed in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc., and working in functional areas such R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design, etc.
- The programme has a special emphasis on concepts such as Autotronics, ADAS, Embedded System Design, Automotive Networking, Control and Communication Systems, Automotive Security and Electric and Hybrid Vehicles.
- The programme includes Virtual Simulation and Remote Labs using Ricardo, MATLAB, Automotive remote lab, ADAS remote lab.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Automotive Vehicles
- Automotive Systems Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Automotive Communication Systems
- Automotive Networking
- Automotive Control Systems
- Connected Cars
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Automotive Security
- Automotive Diagnostics and Interfacing
For more information on programme curriculum download the programme brochure.
Choice of Electives is made available to enrolled students at the beginning of each semester. A limited selection of Electives will be offered at the discretion of the Institute.
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasizes on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learned in the classroom to simulated and real work situations.
- Control System Development
- Model-based generation from inside Simulink environment
- A2L file definitions
- Configurable pin allocations, timers and interrupts
- Control strategies for basic EV and HEV vehicle applications
- FMU Compliant design for use in HIL setup
- Supports CAN and OTA programming
- Suitable for SI Engine Control, Electric, and Hybrid Vehicle control applications
- OBD-II support
- HIL Test Rig
- Non-Real time HIL Test Rig
- Capable of running FMU compatible plant models
- Interfaces with standard vehicle controllers
- CAN and Ethernet compatible
Capable of running on real-time HIL tests virtually on cloud servers using FMU compatible models.
- ADAS Test Rig
- Brake By Wire Test Rig – Using a single Master cylinder and fail-safe mode operation using conventional brake levers
- Steer By Wire Test Rig – Uses Electronic Power Steering setup with “By Wire” input from Logitech G29 steering wheel
- Driving cockpit interfaces with test rigs over CAN network and controlled by a slave VCU
- Electric Vehicle Demonstration Platform
- EV powertrain demonstration platform comprising of AC motor, Motor Controller, Li-Ion battery pack and gearbox
- Open source vehicle platform offering flexible seating positions and body configurations
Drive-by Wire and Autonomous Level 1 enabled
- Case Studies and Assignments: Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
- Dissertation/ Project Work: The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Applicants must be employed professionals working in Engineering organizations, and holding B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in domains such as Automotive/ EEE /ECE/ Instrumentation/ Mechatronics/ Mechanical with at least 60% aggregate marks. A minimum of 1 year of work experience in relevant domains is required to apply.
The programme is designed for engineering professionals holding BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics and working in:
- Industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Functional areas such as R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design etc.