M. Sc. Information Systems
Today, Information Technology is key to enabling all business functions and empowering innovation in all walks of life such as healthcare, governance, education, etc. This widespread use of IT has created high demand for skilled Information Systems professionals.
M.Sc. in Information Systems is a five-semester Work Integrated Learning Program designed for technology professionals. The programme has been created to build critical, technical and problem- solving skills among tech professionals, and enable them to work in teams and lead projects to solve challenging, technology-centric solutions.
- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme is structured to provide a basic foundation in mathematics & programming, knowledge in software development & computer science, and an understanding of specialized techniques in different technologies.
- Lab exercises consist of programming exercises, experiments using simulation tools, analysis and design of systems, etc. Some of the tools used in assignments are Eclipse, MySQL/ MongoDB, Star UML, NS2 and WireShark.
- The Project Work in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- Emphasis on Experiential learning using lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Discrete Structures for Computer Science
- Linear Algebra & Optimization
- Computer Programming
- Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
- Object-Oriented Programming & Design
- Probability and Statistics
- Systems Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems & Applications
- Elective 1
- Compiler Design
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Advanced Compilation Techniques
- Parallel Computing
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Software Development for Portable Devices
- Artificial Intelligence
- Management Information Systems
- Software for Embedded Systems
- Computer Graphics
- Data Storage Technologies & Networks
- Multimedia Computing
- Network Programming
- Data Mining
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Tools and Technologies: Lab exercises consist of programming exercises, experiments using simulation tools, analysis and design of systems, etc. Some of the tools used in assignments are Eclipse, MySQL/ MongoDB, Star UML, NS2 and WireShark.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Professionals employed in Information Technology industries, holding a B.Sc./ BCA degree or its equivalent, with adequate preparation in Mathematics with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one-year relevant work experience after the completion of the degree.