- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- During the programme, participants are provided with a unique opportunity to experience firsthand the administration of a modern hospital via a hospital immersion component. This is achieved through visits to Christian Medical College, Vellore in the third semester, and Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in the fourth semester. During these two immersion modules of 6 days each, participants will interact with industry professionals and learn how to efficiently run the day-to-day operations and manage the various functions of a large hospital including Finance, Billing, HR, Customer Service, Hospital Supplies, and General Administration.
- The Project in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Choice of Electives is made available to enrolled students at the beginning of each semester. Students' choice will be taken as one of the factors while deciding on the Electives offered. However, Electives finally offered will be at the discretion of the Institute.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Management
- Epidemic & Disaster Management
- Introduction to Health Systems & Environmental Health
- Service Quality Excellence in Healthcare
- Biostatistics & Epidemiology
- Healthcare Management
- Hospital Operations Management
- Strategic Management of Healthcare Organizations
- Project 1
- Decision Analysis
- Leadership & Managing Change
- Project Management
Minimum eligibility to apply: Employed professionals in the healthcare industry, holding an MBBS/ Integrated First Degree of BITS Pilani or its equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one year of relevant work experience after the completion of the degree are eligible to apply to this programme.
The programme is designed for:
- Doctors, Dentists, and other Medical professionals working in Public/ Private/ Non-profit hospitals who are involved in the management and administration of the hospital and related services.
- Doctors, Dentists, and other Medical professionals who are running their own hospitals and want to enhance their management skills to deliver superior service and improve the top line and bottom line.
- Para-Medical professionals working in the healthcare industry and looking to upgrade their skills and thereby accelerate their career growth.
- Non-medical professionals working in the healthcare industry in support and administrative functions who are looking to upgrade their skills and thereby accelerate their career growth. These would include professionals working in such diverse areas as Finance, Billing, HR, Customer Service, Hospital Supplies, and General Administration.
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
Two hospital immersion sessions at CMC Vellore and Bombay Hospital during the third semester.
Simulation & Modelling exercises: Some or all of the following would be utilised across the programme.
Simulation game on Working Capital Management, Decision Analysis, Supply Chain Management, etc.
Financial and Economic Modelling using spreadsheets.
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.