- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- Students gain an overall perspective in a set of domains that enables process management and problem solving of complex manufacturing systems
- Contact-less and safe Online exams facility.
- Provides practical insights into the manufacturing management, manufacturing processes, design and electrical & electronics concepts through virtual lab exercises using simulation tools such as MULTISIM, LABVIEW, MATLAB, Flownex, Zcast, AFDEX, Flexsim, Automation Studio, CREO, Minitab etc.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
The programme reviews and strengthens the students foundation in subjects such as Engineering Maths and Science. With this understanding, the students proceed to a set of engineering courses that prepares them for the allied Technology subjects. The courses that develop the execution management capabilities are taught in the subsequent stages of the programme. The programme culminates in a rigorous project that requires the integration and application of concepts learnt throughout the programme.
- Mechanics of Solids
- Engineering Materials
- Electrical and Electronics Technology
- Linear Algebra and Optimization
- Mechanical Technology
- Engineering Measurements
- Computer Programming
- Fluid Mechanics & Machines
- Casting and Welding
- Metal Forming and Machining
- Additive Manufacturing
- IoT in Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control
- Machine Design
- Discipline Elective 1
- Lean Manufacturing
- Quality Control Assurance and Reliability
- Essentials of Project Management
- Discipline Elective 2
- Technical Report Writing
- Principles of Management
- Discipline Elective 3
- Discipline Elective 4
- Project Work
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Mechatronics & Automation
- Material Management
- Instrumentation & Control
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Automobile Technology-I
- Automobile Technology-II
- Operations Reserach
- Maintenance & Safety
- Composite Materials and Design
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam
The program emphasizes on the application of engineering and science learnt in the class through a blend of virtual and remote labs.
- Learners perform a variety of experiments using industry scale simulation softwares.
- Controlled experiments are performed through remote lab wherein the learner can access the physical lab equipments using state of art remote architecture.
- Real-life scenarios are replicated using simulation games and video-cases, where learners experience implications of applying concepts in practice
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The seventh semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts
Employed professionals in engineering industries with minimum 2 years relevant work experience, and holding a Technical Diploma / B.Sc. degree or its equivalent, with adequate background in Mathematics.