- Industry-relevant curriculum, delivered online or on-site lectures.
- The programme positions the professionals out of narrow technology domains thus enabling them to gain an overall perspective to address the engineering field, which has evolved to be interdisciplinary.
- A blend of foundational sciences, core technologies and execution management develops a rounded professional competence, which is a requirement for strong professional development.
- Students learn to use contemporary computation tools such as PTC Creo, MATLAB, Flownex and Remote lab on Fluid Mechanics, which build the technical skill and competency of the students thus enhancing their professional value.
- The Dissertation (Project Work) in the final semester enables students to apply concepts and techniques learnt during the programme.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work-integrated activities.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
Participants need to take at least 12 courses towards coursework, and complete one Project/ Dissertation. The coursework requirement for the programme would consist of a set of core courses and electives. Core courses are compulsory for all participants, while electives can be chosen based on individual learning preferences.
The programme offers a degree of customisation to address the specific L&D needs of your organisations.
- Electrical & Electronics Technology
- Engineering Materials
- Computer Programming
- Probability & Statistics
- Linear Algebra & Optimization
- Engineering Measurements
- Mechanical Technology
- Manufacturing Processes
- Engineering Design
- Production Planning & Control
- Maintenance & Safety
- Instrumentation & Control
- Materials Management
- Essentials of Project Management
- Plant Layout & Design
- Quality Control, Assurance & Reliability
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Principles of Management
- Technical Report Writing
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Energy Management
- Environmental Pollution Control
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Mechatronics & Automation
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- Management Information Systems
- Additive Manufacturing
- IoT in Manufacturing
LECTURES DELIVERED ONLINE AND ONSITE
Lectures are delivered by BITS Pilani faculty members through live via online classes, or at the organisation's premises, and are designed to offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in the classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
- Simulation Tools, Platforms & Environments: Some or all of the following would be utilised across the programme.
- Simulation environments for Circuits such as LabView & MultiSim
- Modelling & Analysis using PTC Creo & MATLAB
- Thermal Engineering concepts using Flownex Simulation tool and Fluid Mechanics Remote Labs
- Manufacturing process simulation using Afdex & Zcastpro
- Manufacturing management using FlexSim
CASE STUDIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme.
DISSERTATION/ PROJECT WORK
The fourth semester offers an opportunity for learners to apply their knowledge gained during the programme to a real-world like complex project. The learner is expected to demonstrate understanding of vital principles learnt across semesters and their ability to successfully apply these concepts.
Minimum eligibility to apply: Working professionals holding Diploma in Engineering/ B.Sc. in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum of two years of work experience in relevant domains.
The programme is designed for:
- Highly driven and ambitious engineers who wish to gain deep insight into Core Engineering, Manufacturing and Executive Management functions
- Experienced professionals aspiring to gain an overall competency in the popular technology domains, which sets them apart from narrow specialisations