A recent McKinsey Report suggested that "the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions".
The Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics in a two-semester Work Integrated Learning programme designed for working professionals, who are aspiring for rapid career progression in the high-growth areas of Business Analytics and Big Data, and wish to stand out in highly competitive workplaces by acquiring prestigious Master’s-level qualification from a premier institution.
Admission are currently open. For detailed programme information, download the brochure below. Programme begins on Nov 7, 2020.
Option to pay fees using easy EMI option with 0% interest
Please fill the below fields for fee details, programme information, and application instructions
- Programme Highlights
- Programme Curriculum
- Learning Methodology
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply
- Online Exams Option
- Learn without a career break with live online lectures conducted mostly on weekends or after office hours by BITS Pilani faculty members and experienced industry professionals.
- The programme offers exposure to state-of-the-art data analysis/ visualization tools such as R, Python and Tableau.
- Practitioner-oriented insights from industry experts will help you develop solutions to real world problems using cutting edge analytical techniques.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery methodology is a blend of classroom and experiential learning. Experiential learning consists of lab exercises, assignments, case studies and work integrated activities.
- Contact-less and safe Online exams facility.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite & global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
- Learning Continuity Assurance facility that allows participants to take a break without losing the semester fee paid by them. Refer to the programme brochure for details.
- Fee payment by easy-EMIs with 0% interest.
- Quantitative Methods
- Data Visualization and Communication
- Advanced Statistical Methods
- Foundations of Data Science
- Predictive Analytics
- Analytics for Competitive Advantage
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Financial Analytics
- Project Management
- Analytics for HR
- Models in Marketing
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Analytics for Marketing
- Analytics for Retail Industry
- Operations Research Models
- Analytics for Investment Banking
- Financial Risk Models
- Analytical Models in Finance
The programme emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows learners to apply concepts learnt in classroom in simulated, and real work situations. This is achieved through:
- Data analysis/ visualization tools such as Linear Optimization, Descriptive Statistics, Multivariate Analysis & Mining Algorithms using R, Python, Excel and Excel Solver
- Case Studies and Assignments: Carefully chosen real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the programme
ATTEND ONLINE LECTURES OVER WEEKENDS
Lectures are conducted live via online classes. These lectures can be attended via the internet using a computer from any location. These online classrooms offer similar levels of interactivity as regular classrooms at the BITS Pilani campus.
Classes for students admitted during the period Aug-Sep 2020 will begin in Oct 2020.
The online lectures are conducted usually over weekends for a total of 7-8 hours per week. If you miss a lecture, you can also access the recorded lecture on the internet.
Learners can access engaging learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures from BITS Pilani faculty members, course handouts and recorded lab content where applicable.
Continuous Assessment includes graded Assignments/ Quizzes, Mid-semester exam, and Comprehensive Exam.
To apply, candidates must possess one of the following qualifications:
- Employed professionals holding B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Sc./ Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and minimum one year relevant work experience
- Employed professionals holding a three year undergraduate degree such as B.Sc./ B.Com./ BCA or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and having studied at least one course in mathematics or statistics at the high school or higher level, and minimum two years of relevant work experience.
For details on Fee Structure, please click here to download the programme brochure.
How to Apply
For application instructions, programme information and fee structure, please click here to download the Programme Brochure
Online Exams Option
Online Exams Option
Participants will be able to take examinations online from any location e.g. office or home. To take an online examination, student must possess a laptop or desktop with a web cam, a smart phone and good internet connectivity. These examinations will be either remotely proctored or non-proctored.
Participants may also request to take the exam at an examination center designated by BITS Pilani in locations such as Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Goa, Delhi NCR, Pilani, Kolkata, and Dubai.